Ryan's Blog

Friday, July 28, 2006

Nooooooo.... a good man died an no one even bother to fucking tell me. Nothing like waking up, looking at your email only to find yourself sobbing uncontrollably



Rest in Peace Major Raymond E. Benn Junior... friend to my father, friend to me, 2nd best man who ever lived, 2nd only to my father. A great man who has always been there for us. Ray, sorry we missed your showing and funeral. Damnit I just talked to you 2 months ago.

Rest in peace, June 21, 2006.

Big Benn, you will be missed.






Major Raymond Eugene Benn, Jr. 54, Indianapolis, passed away June21, 2006 He was a member of Robinson Community A.M.E. Church and was apart of the Men of Robinson. He was a Veteran of the U.S. Army, servingin the Persian Gulf War and Operation Desert Storm. He was also amember of the Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club, and served as an ArmyReservist. He attended Lakeland College in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. He wasemployed by the Indiana State Police as a State Trooper since 1983, andobtained the rank of Major during his 23 year tenure, having enlistedin the Academy on August 29, 1983. He was a board member of theRegional Working Group for the National Crime Information Center (NCIC)and the Committee Chairman for the Indiana Data and CommunicationsSystems (IDACS). Services will be held on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 at11:00 a.m. at Robinson Community A.M.E. Church, 4602 N. College Avenue.Calling will be on Monday, June 26, 2006 from 5-8 p.m. at StuartMortuary. Interment will be in Crown Hill Cemetery. Survivors:children, Cydaria L. Benn Cooke and Raymond Eugene Benn, III and hisbeloved Debra C. Benn; grandchildren, Nanyamka Day and Ralph AnthonyCooke, III; mother, Dolores J. White Benn; brothers, Anthony J. Bennand Christopher E. Benn.




Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there
I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle Autumn rain

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds

In circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry

I am not there
I did not die

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home